The steel foundry in Wetterzeube, Germany was founded in 1909 named „Stahlwerk Staeglich und Haberkorn Wetterzeube“. The foundry operated a cupola furnace and two crucible furnaces. These were replaced by an open hearth melt shop in 1921.
After the war the Wetterzeube works were nationalized and became part of the “VEB Stahlgiesserei Elstertal Silbitz” foundry combine in 1955.
In 1985 a 5 ton electric arc furnace, built in the 1950ies and relocated from Bösdorf near Leipzig, was installed.
After the privatization the Wetterzeube foundry became part of the GEW Gestaguss group from Velbert, Germany.
Images now at Stahlseite.