Ural Steel. Novotroitsk, Russia.
Deep down in southern Russia, close to the Kazakh border, the Ural Steel mill in Novotroitsk was founded in 1955 under the name Orsko-Khalilovsky Iron-and-Steel Works.
In the same year blast furnace no. 1 went into production.
The first steel was produced at open-hearth furnace no.1 in 1958.
In 1960 the 2800-mm plate rolling mill no.1 was installed.
A section rolling mill was put into operation in 1969.
In 1978 a 800-mm wide strip universal rolling mill was commissioned .
The EAF Shop was built in 1981.
1983 – The first continuous casting machine was put into operation at the EAF shop.
Today Ural Steel runs a coking plant,four blast furnaces, two electric arc furnaces (100 ton each) and four rolling mills.
Further images at Stahlseite.